Sales Executive - Membership
About the Corporate Governance Institute
Founded in 2020 to address the Corporate Governance Certification skills gap, the Corporate Governance Institute is a very high-growth startup company that is fast becoming a leader in online education in the governance sector. While corporate governance might not be a household term, we are an EdTech company with ambitions to become the global leader in the €1 billion market of accreditation and certification in this field. Founded by two highly experienced industry veterans, the company recently received initial funding to accelerate its growth.
The company has had global aspiration and reach from the start. This role will require someone with an international view and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital channels.
About the job
This is a sales role, and as such we are seeking candidates who have a passion for sales, and that have at least 3 years of dedicated selling experience.
We are looking for a competitive and trustworthy Sales Executive to help us to further develop our already expanding Membership products and services to both B2C and B2B clients.
Your responsibilities include shaping and evolving our membership and associated sales strategy with the leadership team, following up direct leads from our very active website, discovering and pursuing new sales prospects, negotiating deals and maintaining customer satisfaction. You will have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable reaching out to potential customers to demonstrate our services and products through email, phone and Zoom.
Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid growth trajectory.
Tasks and responsibilities
Ultimately, your role is to sell and increase our Membership subscriptions. We have a great product offering so this is a superb opportunity to ride the wave that we are creating. We are offering an excellent salary and commission structure.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities that you will be required to complete include:
- You will identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options.
- You will sell our membership products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- You will maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance, ensuring ongoing membership renewals.
- You should be able to identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- You will ensure that we maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing standards with the company.
- You are a team player and willing to contribute across the various company functions
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media.
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences if and when required.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams
- You should have at least 3 years’ experience in selling. We want to see if you can challenge yourself in this space.
- Proven experience as a Sales Executive or relevant role
- Experience with selling memberships, a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to close business deals
- Thorough understanding of sales, marketing and negotiating techniques
- You are an ambitious sales professional looking for a role and the opportunity to make a big impact on an international scale.
- It would be very useful if you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of marketing, communications, journalism, English, media studies or similar, or at least two years’ experience in a related area.
- You need to be proficient in English, with excellent verbal and written skills
- A very strong self-starter attitude. You should embrace and be comfortable with constant change in a tactical entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organisational and planning skills. You need to be transparent about the process of what you do, but in a creative way.
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical concepts in plain language.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- High commission rate
- Fast expanding company with global ambitions
- Dynamic team
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered with secure bike storage.
- Flexibility with regards to the office - WFH or in the office, it’s your choice.