Executive Assistant and Virtual Office Administrator
The Corporate Governance Institute
Founded in 2020 to address the Corporate Governance Certification skills gap, the Corporate Governance Institute is a very high growth company that is fast becoming a leader in online education in the governance sector. While corporate governance might not be a household term, we are an EdTech company with ambitions to become the global leader in the €1 billion market of accreditation and certification in this field. Founded by two highly experienced industry veterans, the company recently received significant funding to accelerate its growth. It currently employs 18 staff which will grow to 35 40 over the next 18 months.
The company has had global aspirations and reach from the start. Therefore, this role will require someone with an international view and in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital channels. As this is a start-up, this role will evolve over time and consequently the individual must be comfortable with this environment and the opportunity it will bring.
Job Description: Executive Assistant and Virtual Office Administrator
To have overall responsibility for the smooth running of our hybrid office. To provide a complete secretarial and administrative support to the Founders and other designated staff.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Office Services Administration
- Administration / PA Support
- Company Secretarial Support
- Member Services Administration
Administration / Executive Support
- Providing PA and administrative support as required.
- Upkeep of HR administration and documentation
- Accounts administration – debtor collection etc
- Production of correspondence and other documentation
- Scheduling and management of appointments, meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements (including visa application processing).
- Maintaining diaries and ensuring relevant people are up to date on itineraries.
- Development and maintenance of a filing and record keeping system.
- Agenda setting and support for Team, Faculty and Governance Advisory Council
- Attending meetings to take notes and dictation as required.
- Assisting with the logistical management of conferences and events and providing on-site support when necessary.
Office Services Administration
- Manage our Hybrid Working Policy ensuring employees are supported across our environments
- Oversee the smooth running of the office.
- Keeping the senior management team abreast of any significant office management issues.
- Full responsibility for facilities management including dealing with suppliers and ordering and maintaining stock of required supplies (tea, coffee, water, newspapers, paper, toners etc.).
- Liaising with service engineers in relation to office facilities maintenance e.g. plumbing and heating.
Company Secretarial Support
- Collation and distribution of agenda, documents and reports in advance of meetings with Team, Faculty and Governance Advisory Council
- Attendance at meetings to provide support and take minutes.
- Maintaining all relevant Company Secretarial documentation e.g. collation of returns to Companies Registration Office.
Member Services Administration
- Processing of new member applications including associated administration e.g. setting up direct debits, renewals etc
- Handling and responding to incoming queries from potential members.
- Maintaining and updating membership database e.g. changes of address and bank details.
- Assisting the Events team with large scale communications to the membership base regarding upcoming conferences and events.
- Educated to diploma / certificate level in a relevant discipline.
- Microsoft Office and Google packages
Skills and Experience:
- Circa 5 years’ experience in an Office Manager / Senior Administrator role.
- Experience in providing support in a busy environment with many different contacts.
- Strong experience in all Google / Microsoft Office packages including Office 365, Word, Excel (experience of using Excel as a reporting tool), PowerPoint presentations and knowledgeable in the use of a wide range of software and office/communications solutions.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Works with a high level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
- Experience in making informed independent decisions displaying an intuitive understanding of when to seek insight.
- Fluency in English as the working language.