Learner Support Executive
About the Corporate Governance Institute
Founded in 2020 to address the Corporate Governance Certification skills gap, the Corporate Governance Institute is a very high-growth startup company that is fast becoming a leader in online education in the governance sector. While corporate governance might not be a household term, we are an EdTech company with ambitions to become the global leader in the €1 billion market of accreditation and certification in this field. Founded by two highly experienced industry veterans, the company recently received initial funding to accelerate its growth.
The company has had global aspiration and reach from the start. This role will require someone with an international view and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital channels.
About the job
We are seeking a Learner Support Executive to support the delivery of our online programmes and to provide day to day support to our learners.
You will work with the team to provide an outstanding learner experience for our delegates as they take our programmes and work closely with the other members of the company where required.
You will have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable reaching out to potential customers to demonstrate our services and products through email, phone and Zoom.
Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid growth trajectory.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will report to and work closely with the Head of Operations on a day to day basis.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities that you will be required to complete include:
- Ensuring that the learners are onboarded correctly and are provided with all programme materials
- Moderating the programme modules and masterclasses that are delivered live via Zoom by our faculty during the evenings and at our week long Boot Camps which are delivered during the day.
- Responding to learner queries before, during and after the programmes
- Taking ownership of learner issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Improving learner experience and increase engagement of learners to drive course completion
- Ensuring that the various communications go out on time to the delegates, welcoming the delegates and the faculty at the start of each module, managing the faculty member and the delegates during the module delivery, liaising with the delegates during the module and gathering feedback that will help us to provide a better learning experience.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations on a day to day basis
- Look for opportunities to improve our processes and the delegate experience
- Gather and analyse data related to learner progression and performance
- A passion for this front of house role will be vital
- You are an ambitious customer experience professional with the confidence to play a front of house role for the Institute
- An avid learner, someone who actively seeks out feedback and challenges to learn, grow, and improve
- Strong attention to detail, deadline and delivery-orientation, and ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle fast moving projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience in a similar role in the education field
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of marketing, customer experience, communications, English, media studies or similar, or at least two years’ experience in a related area.
- Have native or near-native English, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to see where we can improve the learner experience at all times and our programme content
- A very strong self-starter attitude. You should embrace and be comfortable with constant change in a fast growing entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong administration, organisational and planning skills.
- Very strong presentation and communications skills with an ability to explain technical concepts in plain language.
- An interest in the world of business.. This is a role that looks with a keen eye on the corporate world, the business world, and you should bring a questioning but objective viewpoint. Creativity relies on good questions. Are you able to ask good questions?
- Strong attention to detail, with exceptional time management and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of customer service software (preferably Hubspot), databases and tools; and video editing tools
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- High commission rate
- Fast expanding company with global ambitions
- Dynamic team
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered with secure bike storage
- Flexibility with regards to the office - WFH or in the office, it’s your choice!