Head of People & Culture
Why not come and work for one of Ireland's most progressive and ambitious engineering and environmental consultancies - Nicholas O'Dwyer Engineering?
We work in sustainability so if you want to progress your career in a socially responsible company working towards a sustainable planet then come and join our team.
Our team are creative problem solvers who deliver design solutions for infrastructure projects focused in the water and wastewater sectors but also in transportation, civil & structural engineering, flood protection and renewables. Based in Ireland, we also work in the UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Established 90 years ago, we have built the business to over 200 employees with an annual turnover of c€25m.
We recently joined the RSK Group who are an amalgamation of over 100 companies working in the area of water and environmental remediation with sustainability at the heart of its strategy. Being part of a larger group provides a global network of opportunities whilst still retaining our own brand and autonomy hence the role is very much focused on meeting the people and culture needs of the Nicholas O'Dwyer company.
About the role
Nicholas O'Dwyer has ambitious plans to grow the business by over 50% in the next 3 years and realise the opportunity that being part of a global group provides. They recognise the importance of having people central to that strategy and the Human Resources function has an opportunity to partner with the business to achieve its goals through its people.
This Head of People and Culture role will be responsible for designing and delivering effective strategic and operational HR strategies that align to our client’s core values and those of the global group. Integral to this is the development of talent in individuals and teams, contributing to their strategic aim of attracting, developing, retaining and motivating skilled and engaged talent who share their vision and values.
This new role will be a key part of the Senior Leadership Team, will provide strategic insights and business partnering to a growing engineering and environmental organisation, whilst also driving and overseeing excellence in operational HR policy, processes, service delivery and employee experience.
What you will do?
- Senior HR Business Partnering – work collaboratively and partner with the business to provide strategic HR support and expertise to both managers and employees. Be an active change agent, focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures providing direct support and coaching to all levels.
- Culture, Engagement & Communications – nurture and develop a culture to ensure the Company is a great place to work and supports the delivery of high-performance business results, design and implement effective and collaborative organizational and communication structures; and ensure all employees understand and engage with the Vision, Values & Culture of the company ensuring regular feedback and measurement is evaluated.
- Organisation Design & Development – ensure appropriate team structures are in place as the business continues to grow to ensure the business can effectively deliver its strategy.
- Talent Acquisition – working with our existing talent acquisition team to develop and implement effective strategies to attract, recruit and induct high calibre, “A” Players in a timely manner to meet the business growth needs. This includes leading and overseeing the development of a strong employer brand in the marketplace to position the Company as an Employer of Choice.
- Talent Management – design and implement solutions to ensure that the Company manages its talent through effective performance management, definition of clear role & responsibilities, creation of talent management plans to ensure the strengthening of the technical and leadership talent required to achieve our strategic objectives. Identify gaps in technical & managerial talent and develop HR strategies (including career frameworks) to manage these gaps. Develop a structured approach to talent management and succession planning that offer effective development for our employees and ensure long term business continuity and growth.
- Talent Retention – promote a culture of continuous learning & development; develop appropriate reward and recognition strategies and compensation & benefits solutions. Create and implement technical and non-technical training and development interventions to ensure that the Company has the capability needed to deliver on its strategic plan.
- HR Processes & Compliance – develop appropriate HR process and systems and ensure alignment where appropriate across all locations including; Communications, Recruitment and Retention, Performance Management, Succession and Development Planning, Employee Relations, Employment Law etc.
- Operational HR Excellence – provide general support to the business in the operational HR management of the company.
- Data Insights & Analysis - Drive and manage the provision of employee data and management information in the format and quality required for the business.
- HR Team Management – work with the senior management team to ensure appropriate HR resourcing is in place to deliver HR activities to the business and work with the HR function within the broader Group.
You will bring strategic HR capability and strong operational ability to the business. You will have developed and implemented a HR Strategy previously that was aligned to the business objectives.
You will likely have a minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience in Human Resources Management, and ideally have gained 1-2 years at HR Director/Senior HRBP level within a growing company, preferably in the science, engineering or environmental sectors.
You will be a results-driven, solutions-oriented individual, comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You will have a proven capability of partnering with senior leaders and building strong and effective working relationships at the Senior Leadership Level where you will be a key player. You will be resilient and persuasive and able to hold your ground and influence others.
You will bring ability and experience of driving and supporting cultural change along with exceptional problem-solving skills and passion for data integrity, process definition, and continuous learning.
You will be a commercially focused individual, tenacious, with a track record of hands-on implementation of strategic goals, able to have a flexible, can-do attitude combined with a high degree of resilience and a maturity of judgement.
What we offer?
Competitive salary, pension, life assurance and serious illness cover.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Dublin (Flexible/Hybrid working options with some regular weekly onsite attendance)
Hours: Full or part-time option plus flexible working arrangements.