Our client, a specialist construction contracting company working across Ireland, UK and Mainland Europe are currently recruiting for an Operations Director. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced senior manager to work with an award winning organisation, recognised for their expertise in the sector. This is a position of significant importance in an organisation with a best in class reputation giving you the opportunity to work at a high level with experienced colleagues.
Our client is based in Ireland with operations across the UK and mainland Europe. This role can be delivered from a European base or from Ireland with regular weekly travel to sites across Europe. This is a hands on position, with the role holder assuming full responsibility for the successful delivery of projects that have been allocated to their respective department across Ireland, Europe and the UK.
The role will involve the management of their department and construction team, assisting with sourcing of suitable project leads, business development, assisting with the tendering process, ensuring successful delivery across all projects while maintaining the highest levels of client satisfaction.
- Effectively manage the department & team to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, revenue generation and profitability are maximised and continually seeking to add value to the business.
- Actively seek to meet and develop relationships with the relevant stakeholders, influencers and decision makers involved in such projects.
- Ensure robust resourcing plans are implemented across projects including production of labour histograms, strategies for sourcing skilled labour for European Projects.
- Formulate a plan with regard to project logistics including accommodation, flights, transport, work permits, local H&S training & certification requirements etc. Oversee the design process and ensure design is compliant with specification and in line with items included in the BOQ.
- Safeguard the Company’s position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the client quickly and contractually.
- Ensure to interface with clients at each project location to ensure senior personnel visibility on sites.
The successful candidate will have;
- Significant experience in a multisite, best practice driven operations department with company wide perspective.
- A proven track record of delivering medium to large scale projects
- Ability to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen.
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- Strong customers focus skills, with the ability to build relationships and networks with strategic stakeholders.
- Current drivers’ licence and eligibility to live and work in the EU and or/ the UK on a travel or permanent basis
- Fluent command in English, both written and verbal and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong team and stakeholder relationships .
If you are excited by this opportunity and wish to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your CV and cover letter for consideration here.
Voltedge welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Voltedge and our client are an equal opportunities employers.