Senior Buyer / Trader
This role of Senior Buyer/ Trader will be responsible for sourcing products and negotiating supply agreements with pharmaceutical suppliers and parallel trading suppliers across a number of EU countries.
This is a unique opportunity to join our Client – PCO Manufacturing who are Ireland's market leader in Parallel Import Pharmaceuticals. The role is based at their offices in Ashbourne, Co. Meath (10 mins from J5 off the M50) where PCO operate a pharmaceutical repackaging facility employing over 150 people which is regulated by the HPRA. They are continuing to expand their product portfolio across a range of areas as they drive further sales growth across Ireland and the UK within their core customer base - Retail Pharmacies. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating purchasing and supply agreements and ideally would have had experience working in a fast-paced trading environment where pricing is negotiated on a monthly basis.
What you will have responsibility for:
Managing & developing supplier relationships
- The relationships we enjoy with our EU suppliers, are well established and greatly valued. In this position, you will play a key role in developing a deeper relationship with current suppliers, ensuring that we are sourcing the optimum product range at the best possible price across our portfolio and assessing other product opportunities carried by the same suppliers that may be of interest and value to our product portfolio.
- You will have an opportunity to visit these suppliers and attend trade shows so that you can identify key players in the market, establish contacts and develop rapport with our suppliers and logistics partners (approximately 5 - 6 EU trips per year where travel permits).
Sourcing new products and identifying new / lower cost sources for existing lines
- You will continue to grow your knowledge base of the various industry suppliers in the market, and their product suite, assessing what new product lines are appropriate and of interest to our customers and developing a good understanding of future trends and buying practices in the market
- Identifying potential new EU suppliers and working with our Regulatory Affairs team to bring these new suppliers on board
Contributing to the ongoing development of process improvement within the department, and the various administrative tasks
- Placing orders with suppliers throughout the EU ensuring maximum stock availability in line with our target stock levels and expiry date policies
- Generating and inputting purchase orders onto our Sage IT system
- Amending / updating stock items on our Sage IT system.
- Responding to queries from other departments in relation to stock and pricing.
- Preparation of reports for weekly and monthly department meetings.
- Bringing forward best practice ideas and procedures and contributing to smart ways of working within the department.
Collaboration with internal stakeholders such as the Sales Department, Production Department and Regulatory Affairs to advice on stock availability
- Managing the flow of goods from suppliers to the facility and expediting where necessary to ensure a consistent flow of stock through our production facility.
- Resolving pricing and quantity discrepancies with Goods Inwards and Finance.
- Arranging and co-ordinating transport and collection arrangements for all goods ordered.
What you will bring to the role and your Key Competencies:
- Strong negotiations capability with proven experience of working to tight deadlines (experience of dealing with international suppliers would be an advantage)
- While supplier management is a key capability, it is not critical to have knowledge of the pharma sector, as the necessary industry training and support will be provided
- Excellent attention to detail and general understanding of supply chain processes and the associated metrics that need to be monitored
- A strong IT and systems capability, with particular emphasis on Excel, Sage and MS office suite
- A good team player with high energy who is motivated by the international aspect of this role, and the opportunity it brings to broaden your knowledge and skills in the pharma sector
- An open and effective communicator, interested in contributing to the success of the department, and driving forward smart working models and process improvement
- You will have 3-5 years experience of working in a purchasing, procurement or buying department in a fast paced environment, where you had an opportunity to gain a broad understanding of all related procurement and supply chain processes
We would be delighted to hear from you to discuss this role further.